Sunday, February 22, 2015

A Writer's Journey



“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
— Lao-tzu

Welcome to my journey! There are three parts to any journey; the starting point, the destination, and the path between the two.  My "starting point" is that of an introverted artist who sometimes dabbles in writing.  My "destination" is that of a prolific author who has established for himself a profitable writing career (which, metaphorically, seems like "a thousand miles" away).  This blog is my "path between the two." 

In order to get things moving on this journey, my "first step" is to set for myself a workable, measurable writing goal.  So, here it is.  For the remainder of this month (one full week), I plan on writing 250 words a day, everyday, towards one of my story ideas (which I will go into more detail about my story ideas later).  Simple enough, right?  It's a long journey; no need to sprint out of the starting-gate.  Besides, I need to break-in these new shoes.  I can adjust my pace next week if needed.  I’ll post my initial results during this week in subsequent posts.  Stay tuned…


No comments:

Post a Comment